Now that the weather is warmer, many people are visiting theme parks for a day of fun. Unfortunately, these parks can be more dangerous than you may realize. Read on to learn more about theme park accidents and what to do if an injury occurs.
What are the Most Common Types of Injuries?
The majority of theme park accidents are a result of negligence, human error, or mechanical failure. The most common injuries sustained at theme parks include:
- Fatal injuries from falling out of rides
- Closed head injuries
- Drowning on water rides and slides
- Brain aneurysms
- Facial lacerations and fractures
- Heart attack
- Bone fractures
- Back injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Compound fractures that require surgical repair
What do I do if I am Injured at a Theme Park?
If you are injured at a theme park, it is important to take the following steps:
- Call 911- The police can file an accident report, obtain witness testimony, and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Document the scene- It is important to take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident. Be sure to document the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts- Theme parks are often crowded, so there is a good chance someone saw your accident occur. If this is the case, ask for their name and contact information, as they may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention- Going to the hospital immediately after your accident will provide you with important proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
How Long do I Have to File a Claim?
If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. When it comes to a personal injury claim, you will have to make sure to file your claim in time. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will likely mean you will be barred from suing, therefore losing your opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. Reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to avoid missing any important deadlines.
If you or a loved one has been injured at a New Jersey theme park, reach out to our firm today to discuss your case.
Contact our Firm
We understand the impact a serious injury can have on an individual’s life. If you have been injured in New Jersey due to another party’s negligence, please do not hesitate to speak with an experienced attorney who can assess your situation and guide you through your legal options. Contact our firm today to learn how we can help.