Truck Accident Attorneys in West Orange, NJ
Truck accidents are some of the most serious motor vehicle accidents that an individual can be involved in. Victims face unique challenges when pursuing compensation against powerful commercial carriers that typically employ a team of legal experts to fight these claims. While most truck drivers follow the rules of the road and are safe drivers, this can’t be said for everyone. Truck accidents usually occur because a driver failed to follow traffic laws, federal regulations, or was not adequately trained to do their job safely. If you have been seriously injured in a New Jersey truck accident, you can count on Brown Law, LLC to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Contact Brown Law, LLC today to discuss your case.
What Causes NJ Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can be caused by a wide variety of factors, whether by the negligence of the driver or an issue with the truck itself. There are some situations that may lend themselves to being a defective product case because of a faulty part on the truck, which may not be the fault of the driver at all. Some of the factors that should be assessed when determining the cause of a truck accident include the following:
- The nature of the job: Truck drivers are often under strict deadlines that require them to drive for long stretches without sleep. Federal regulations limit truck drivers to 11 hour days (per 14-hour period) and 70-hour weeks.
- Obstructed visibility: Trucks are such large vehicles that often make it challenging for the driver to see people or other vehicles that lurk in their blind spots. This requires truck drivers to take significant additional precautions.
- Mechanical issues: Trucks require a lot of maintenance because of the number of miles they drive and the weight they carry. When a company fails to maintain a truck properly, it can cause issues to arise, resulting in an accident.
- Defective truck parts: Trucks are made up of a large number of parts. If one or more of those parts is defective, resulting in an accident, the manufacturer of the parts can be held liable. This may result in a product liability case.
- The sheer weight of the truck: Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and require drivers to be prepared to hit the brakes at all times since it takes such a long time to stop these vehicles, especially when traveling at fast speeds.
Recovering Damages After an Accident
The physical, emotional, and financial burdens that you may be facing after a truck accident can be devastating. As much as you may want your life to get back to normal, it may take years for the impacts of the accident to subside. However, with the help of a personal injury lawyer, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. The economic damages that you may be able to recover include medical bills, lost wages, the cost of rehabilitation, and more. Noneconomic damages that you may be able to recover can include emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of independence, and more.
Contact a New Jersey Accident Attorney
At Brown Law, LLC, we understand that being seriously injured in a truck accident can have significant physical, emotional, and financial burdens on your life. You can put your trust in our firm to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to, as we have proudly represented clients throughout the state for over 30 years. If you need a legal team you can count on, contact Brown Law, LLC today.