Going to a restaurant can be a great way to celebrate a special occasion or just get out of the house. But, restaurants can be more dangerous than you may realize. With hot food and various liquids involved, there are a number of ways for an accident to occur. Read on to learn more about restaurant accidents and what to do if an injury occurs.
What are the Most Common Restaurant Accidents?
As stated above, there are numerous ways for an accident to occur. The most common restaurant accidents include:
- Slip and falls
- Kitchen fires
- Food poisoning
- Allergic reactions
- Soft tissue injuries
- Eye injuries
- Hearing damage
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. To qualify for financial compensation, you must first satisfy the burden of proof. This means that you will have to prove you were injured due to another party’s negligence. In order to obtain this proof, it is important to take the following steps:
- Immediately after your injury occurs, call 911. The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Notify the manager that an accident has occurred. This will allow the manager to file an accident report. If possible, obtain his or her name and a copy of this report.
- While waiting for the ambulance, document the scene. Take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts. If anyone saw your accident occur, he or she may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. An attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, including police reports, security camera footage, and more.
- Seek medical attention. Some people attempt to recover at home without the help of a doctor. This can be a big mistake. Going to the hospital will ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Additionally, this can provide you with important proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
If you have been injured in a restaurant, our firm is here to help. We will fight to recover the compensation you deserve. Reach out today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Contact our Firm
We understand the impact a serious injury can have on an individual’s life. If you have been injured in New Jersey due to another party’s negligence, please do not hesitate to speak with an experienced attorney who can assess your situation and guide you through your legal options. Contact our firm today to learn how we can help.