Brown Law, LLC

Recovering Financial Compensation After Being Injured by a Drunk Driver in New Jersey

Recovering Financial Compensation After Being Injured by a Drunk Driver in New Jersey

Drunk driving is one of our nation’s biggest problems. Thousands of people are injured every year as a result of drunk driving. In fact, drunk driving accidents kill roughly 10,000 people yearly. This is unacceptable. If you or someone you know has been injured by a drunk driver, there is a very good chance you are now looking into recovering financial compensation to help cover the cost of any damages you have incurred. If you are a victim of drunk driving, please read on and learn more about what you can do. Here are some of the questions you may have:

Can I sue a drunk driver?

Fortunately, you can. However, you must first hire an attorney who knows how to prove that you were injured due to a drunk driver’s negligence. This can be challenging at times, so you must hire someone who has fought, and won, several personal injury claims in the past.

How do I prove I was injured due to another party’s negligence?

Thankfully, a seasoned attorney will know how to obtain various forms and types of evidence, including photographs or videos of the accident and its aftermath, medical documents regarding the injuries you have sustained, police reports, eyewitness testimony, and more. Do not suffer alone. Our firm will gladly assist you in recovering the compensation you need to get back on your feet again.

What is a dram shop law?

New Jersey has something called a “dram shop law” in place. Essentially, in New Jersey, establishments or vendors are prohibited from selling alcohol to anyone who is “visibly intoxicated” when served or anyone who is under the age of 21. While of course, fake IDs can be convincing, if the vendor either knew, or should have reasonably known that the individual they were serving was a minor, you may sue them in a third-party lawsuit for the injuries you have sustained.

What is the statute of limitations for dram shop claims in New Jersey?

In New Jersey, dram shop lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of your accident. If you wait and neglect to file your claim, you will be denied the right to sue. Do not let this happen. Speak with our knowledgeable legal team as soon as you can. We are ready to fight for the justice you deserve.

Contact our experienced New Jersey firm

We understand the impact a serious injury can have on an individual’s life. If you have been injured in New Jersey due to another party’s negligence, please do not hesitate to speak with an experienced attorney who can assess your situation and guide you through your legal options. Contact our firm today to learn how we can help.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts